In the 10 years since Dr. Langmore pioneered and described endoscopic technique for evaluating pharyngeal swallowing function, the use of FEES (flexible endoscopy) has grown exponentially. The procedure is used throughout the world, with workshops held to sold-out attendance; demand for training materials continues unabated.
Now there is one book that comprehensively covers the role of endoscopy in the assessment and treatment of oropharyngeal dysphagia. Written in step-by-step detail by the creator of the technique, the book gives you all the information you need to implement FEES in your practice. It offers valuable comparisons to other imaging tools, especially fluoroscopy, showing how this portable technique is n the most efficient and cost-effective for patients who cannot easily be transported to a hospital.
Highlights of the book:
– Comprehensive review of anatomy/physiology of oral & pharyngeal musculature
– Provides FEES protocol sheets for complete how-to instruction
– Shows how to score a FEES examination, & possible abnormal findings
– Demonstrates the use of endoscopy in a wide range of populations – infants, children, and geriatric patients, and those with head and neck cancer
– Lays out rehabilitative & compensatory techniques for each dysphagia problem
– Summarizes safety data from the three largest clinical studies ever undertaken
– Includes dozens of “best practice” case studies